Have questions about Clair On-Demand Pay on Workeasy Software? This article covers a lot of the commonly asked questions about both.
On-Demand Pay 101:
What is on-demand pay?
- On-demand pay allows employees to advance a portion of their earned wages before payday. Workeasy Software has teamed up with Clair to provide this benefit to our customers at no additional cost.
- Clair On-Demand Pay is an early wage advance benefit that lets employees get paid when they clock out of work. Payday loans often charge high-interest for accessing cash before payday.
- Clair secures the capital for advances so employees are able to take an advance when they need it. After requesting an advance in the Clair app, the funds will be instantly deposited into the user’s Clair Spending Account. When the user receives their paycheck, the amount advanced is automatically deducted without requiring changes to your payroll.
- Workeasy Software built an integration with Clair to push attendance data on time entries and available wage data. Clair uses this data to calculate the amount of on-demand pay advances available to the employee.
- Clair is a banking app that allows employees to get paid as soon as they clock out of work. Shift-based workers are increasingly asking their employers for early access to their wages. Clair On-Demand Pay relieves financial stress for your employees so they can focus on getting the job done.
How does Clair make money?
- When employees buy things with their Clair Debit Mastercard®, Clair receives a percentage of the processing fees.
What do I need to do to set up Clair On-Demand Pay?
Clair will automatically be available to all Workeasy Software customers at no cost. Businesses using Workeasy Software time clock devices MUST be on app version 1.0.63 or newer to access the Clair On-Demand Pay feature.
Do I need to change how I run payroll today to use Clair?
- No, unlike other earned wage access providers, Clair does not require employers to process wage advance deductions themselves. Businesses can run payroll as usual and Clair will deduct the amount advanced from the user’s paycheck on payday.
- Your HR team may be involved in the following capacities:
- Encouraging employees to sign up for Clair
- Directing questions about Clair to Clair’s support page (support.getclair.com), hotline (+1 888 HI-CLAIR), or email (email@example.com)
- If your employees do not have a self-service option to change direct deposit, they may need your help to input their new Clair account details into your payroll system.
- It is free for employers to offer Clair On-Demand Pay to employees.
- It is free for all employees to have access to Clair On-Demand Pay through Workeasy Software.
- All U.S. citizens and permanent residents of the U.S. who are at least 18 years old may use Clair.
- No, employers do not need a Clair Savings Account or a Clair Spending Account to offer Clair On-Demand Pay to their employees.
- No, an individual’s banking choices and spending habits are private. Clair and Workeasy Software are not authorized to share this information at the individual level.
- Users who sign up with Clair will open a Spending and Savings Account with Pathward, N.A., Member FDIC. When users advance a portion of their paycheck their advance will be deposited into their Clair Spending Account. Therefore, in the company payroll system, the employees’ direct deposit account destination would read Pathward, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION.
- Can my employees use Clair On-Demand Pay and their normal bank?
- Yes, many Clair users have multiple bank accounts. Clair is a banking app that allows users to open a Spending and Savings account with Pathward N.A., Member FDIC. Through their Pathward bank accounts, users have access to free ACH transfers in and out of U.S. accounts, and a Clair Debit Mastercard®). Users do need to send a portion of their paycheck (direct deposit) to their account in order to access Clair On-Demand Pay.
- My employee signed up for Clair, do they need to wait for a debit card to come in the mail before accessing their funds?
- No, employees will immediately get access to their virtual Clair Debit Mastercard® when they sign up for an account. They can spend with their virtual card using Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay. Their physical card will come in the mail.
- My employees have questions about Clair. Where can I send them?
- You can direct questions about Clair to Clair’s support page (support.getclair.com), hotline (1-888-HI-CLAIR), or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Clair is available from 9am to 8pm ET, Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays.
- My employee wants to stop using Clair On-Demand Pay. How do they do this?
- Employees can close their account by contacting Clair’s support team through our hotline (+1 888 HI-CLAIR), or email (email@example.com). In the alternative, because there are also no minimum balance fees employees can defund their account and use a different banking provider.
Access to wages
- What portion of earned wages can my employees advance?
- Clair determines how much employees can advance using an algorithm that refines its estimates of earned wages over time. If you have specific questions related to your advance, email Clair.
- Are my employees able to access their wages if the timesheets are not approved?
- Yes. Timesheet approvals are not required in order for employees to access a portion of their wages. Timesheet approvals apply to the entire pay period’s entries while Clair On-Demand Pay is available after each clock out.
- Can I make changes to employees’ timesheets after they have withdrawn money from Clair?
- Yes, any changes to the time entry will be sent to Clair. When Clair receives an update to a shift, they will replace the original with the new one, and the hours worked or pay rate (if available) will be updated accordingly. If the shift is still within the current pay cycle, the available balance to advance from will be updated—increasing or decreasing depending on the edits made. If the shift is outside of the pay cycle, Clair will still catalog it for the historical view of hours worked, and it will not have an impact on the available amount.
- What happens if my employee’s earned wages don’t match the advances available in Clair’s On-Demand Pay?
- Once in the app, your employees can contact Clair through the Clair Care tab. Clair Care is available by phone or email, Monday through Friday, except on federal banking holidays, from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET.
- You can call +1-888-HI-CLAIR or +1-888-442-5247
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The employee should call Clair Care. The Clair support team is available to support from Monday through Friday, except on federal banking holidays, from 9am to 8pm ET. You can get in touch with them through:
- In-App Support
- Phone Support
- E-mail support
¹The Clair Debit Mastercard can be used for no-fee withdrawals at ATMs in the Allpoint network. Fees may apply for ATM transactions outside this network.
Clair is a financial technology company, not a bank. Clair spending is a demand deposit account established by, Pathward, N.A., Member FDIC. Mastercard® and the circles design are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated. Clair Savings Account is established by Pathward, N.A., Member FDIC. While wage advances are free, certain other transaction fees and costs, terms and conditions are associated with the use of this account.
Standard data charges may apply when using the Clair App.